Saturday, October 17, 2015

What this blog is all about

As parents of students of an arts-focused school, we all would love to see more art at school. Since the school has no budget for art, it's up to us as parents to chip in and do what we can. With the help of our school PTA, parent leaders, teachers and volunteers there are so many things that we can make happen.

My name is Clara and I am volunteering to be Art Liaison at Lisa J. Mails Elementary.

This blog a tool that I am using to share ideas in an open format in the hopes of garnering support and inspiring other parents with the ideas to bring more art initiatives and experiences to the school that our children attend. I and other interested parents like you are volunteering our time to put this site together and to organize events big and small so that our school community can have something to get excited about.

There is art in everything. Arts in our school help kids learn,  open their minds and helps them solve problems and think. Art isn't just drawing or painting. Art is music, art is dancing, art is performing. We are hoping to incorporate all these art forms into art initiatives for our school.

What are you passionate about?
I am a graphic artist and art is one of my passions. I would like to meet some people whose passions are dancing, singing, music, theater...to bring those kinds of art initiatives to our school. Are you passionate about any of those things? Let's chat! I'll be hosting coffee in the morning at school soon and hope you can stop by and introduce yourself. Email me so I can contact you when this is scheduled.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions, constructive criticism or if you think of a way that you can help. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...