Monday, October 18, 2010

Linking Literature and Art

I have always been a fan of children's books because as an artist, I love to look at the pictures and be inspired by the illustrations. I recently found out that a local used bookstore, Murrieta Bookshop, is having a "Linking Literature & Art" event where they've invited kids 4-8 years old to their shop to listen to a story and then do a "make and take" art project inspired by the story. What a great idea!


I passed the idea on to the librarian. I know she knows a lot of stories that would be perfect for this project. Stay tuned - we'll add a listing of great books to this post and some ideas to do your own Linking Literature & Art project with your kids. If you know of a great book that can be applied to this project or you've done this before, please share it!

Maybe this project will be a future Art Attack project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...